Thursday, April 27, 2006

Better than a kick in the nuts - Ian

Good lord, I have been having a lot of trouble coming up with something to write about today. I thought that I had something when a triple homicide happened this week in Medicine Hat, but then I realised that I write too much about shit happening in Alberta as is, and the last thing I want to be seen as is a Westerner. I'm an Ontarian living in Alberta, dammit.

So, here's my topic: I've got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Well, okay, let's give this a go. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next Thursday, which should make for an entertaining post next Friday. I had been hoping to avoid having them out, but after my long overdue appointment with my dentist, it was revealed that the impactedness of the lower teeth has created two cavities because they're food traps. But just those two wouldn't be enough. They're all coming out. Most people get nervous when things like this come up, but not me. I have been counting down to this for weeks.

Why, you ask?

I hate my job so much that I am looking forward to the two days that I'll get off while I recuperate from the surgery. I'll probably be in pain once the anaesthetic wears off, but that is nothing compared to the daily agony that is the life of a claims adjuster. I don't get paid enough for the volume, repetitive and overall negative nature of my work. Today I was able to bear witness as one of my coworker's spirits was crushed down to my level after a typically cheery conversation with a complete assclown from Medicine Hat bitching about his hail claim. It's misery.

When I get my wisdom teeth out, I'll be all doped up, large teeth will be ripped out of my face and I won't be able to eat for many hours beforehand or any solid food for a day or two afterwards. I can't wait. Maybe this excitement and anticipation is a strong signal that perhaps I should seek employment in a new field.

Weak post, I know. I think Jon's in the zone, now, though. He'll rescue this bizzatch right in the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home