Wednesday, October 24, 2007

NaNoWriMo - Ian

I figure as long as we're posting about things that we can't/won't be able to keep up, I thought I would put it out there that I am going to attempt, after years of chickening out, NaNoWriMo 2007.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this, it is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50 000 word novel, beginning 00:00 November 1 and finishing it by 23:59 November 30. The prose generally isn't pretty, but then, it actually forces you to write. I've had a few attempts at novels just fizzle out because I get stuck in some detail or something. By participating in NaNoWriMo, I'll throw detail, plot consistency and all those factors that make for a good novel to the wind! So, wish me luck. Next post will probably be in March, when I realise I forgot to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home