Sunday, August 24, 2008

From the Clutches of Defeat - by Jon

Making this blog post has been extremely difficult, as I am in the process of moving from here:

to here:




The new place isn't exactly at Bloor and Lansdowne (apparently, one of the worst cocaine neighbourhoods in Toronto), but it's within a 10 minute walk. Or, to look at it another way, 5 seconds of bullet-time.

I'm definitely excited about the move, though - more on the new house later.

I'm currently at a friend's house, typing on his computer, taking him away from his MSc thesis. As such, I don't feel that it's cheating to get up to the required word count as quickly as possible.

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty.

I am disappointed to report that I've missed the Beijing Olympics almost entirely - this wasn't intentional, but because of the time difference, and my work schedule, actually watching competitions was near impossible.

My roommate and I, however, did turn on the CBC once to watch its Olympics coverage, which was centred at that precise moment on the Women's Heptathalon. Without any particular stake in the race, we picked a name at random, and decided to cheer for that particular athlete.

Ergo, not only did I miss the biggest sporting event of the year, but I'm batting 1,000 when it comes to accidentally supporting dopers.

Wheeeeeeee....

~Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home