Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving Blues - by Jon

I am still in the process of moving, and do not have home interwebz. Therefore, I am again at my friend Dave's apartment, tearing him away from his thesis in order to keep this blog alive. I should get some kind of plaque.

Things I've Learned This Week:

1) Nobody in Toronto can properly navigate a 4-way stop when there are more than 2 cars stopped at the intersection. I don't know why this is, honestly. In the past week, I have counted at least 5 times when I've been stopped at an intersection, and have seen somebody move out-of-turn. So far, my working theory is that drivers just get too distracted when they need to track more than one other variable. So when there are two other guys stopped at the intersection, everybody just forgets who was there first.

2) In response to #1, I have run out of original swear words to use. Is "douchetard" in the lexicon now? I like "douchetarde" because it sounds more offensive than it is. And "wafflecrapper" doesn't work, because it actually means something good. Suggestions are welcome.

3) It's probably a good thing that I can't masturbate solely using the power of my mind. I'm on a really boring 3-week training course at the moment, and I would have been fired AND prosecuted by now if I had this skill.

4) Not having the internet at home sucks. This one pretty much speaks for itself.

5) My friends > GPS > Map Book. I've gotten lost in Toronto/Mississauga about twice daily since I moved, just trying to figure out routes from home/work, etc. I may break down and buy a GPS, but I've always felt they were a silly frill. I have, however, been phoning friends A LOT lately to Google Map me things while I'm driving. Am I a bad friend? Thoughts?

Sorry this post is so thin, but it was written in a bit of a rush. Should be back to normal next week.

Fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home