Wednesday, September 17, 2008

... - by Jon

The truth is, I knew that I had a blog post due. I was really, honestly and truly planning to write this evening, but then I got distracted having dinner with friends, which turned into drinks, which got me home past midnight.

Actual MSN conversation (approx. 12:40am):

Ian says:
I WIN!!!
Jon says:
You know, I was wondering about your interpretation of the 12am rule.
Ian says:
How so?
Jon says:
Originally, I had stipulated 12am EST.
Ian says:
Did you?
Jon says:
Yes
Ian says:
You put "Posts will be posted by 00:01 of the date in question in order to count."
Jon says:
Curses.
Ian says:
And that would give me two fewer hours to write than you in a day.
Jon says:
Well, is it over? Because if it's over, I have to go to bed for a 6am shift.
Ian says:
No, you're fucking writing, sir.
Jon says:
Damn it all!
Ian says:
hahaha YESSSSSS
Ian says:
This isn't over

So, that's why I'm typing instead of sleeping. Sorry, boss.

Is anybody else not paying attention to the ongoing Federal election? Lately, I couldn't care less... I live in Mario Silva's riding, and I think that if I put a Conservative or NDP sign on my lawn, somebody would toss a rock through my window. I'm honestly not sure who to vote for, though. A brief summary of my feelings is provided below:

Vote Conservative!

Honestly, Lord Har-por isn't doing that bad a job. I still don't trust him, though. Something about those steely-blue eyes tells me that he's hiding something. Also, I'm too young and too black to vote for the Big C's. Talk to me in 10 years if/when I have assets to protect.

Vote Liberal!

Stephan Dion is a twit. Period. Whose idea was it to try to introduce a carbon tax in opposition, during an election? Bob Rae or bust!

Vote NDP!

I saw Jack Layton and Olivia Chow in Kensington Market once. They waved, but didn't stop to talk. I don't feel like I should reward that kind of aloofness.

Vote Green!

They're like the Conservatives, but they like trees. Big deal.

So, you see, I will be eating my ballot this year.

Most sincerely,

~Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home