Sunday, September 07, 2008

How low? How low? Two Posts in a Row - by Jon

Actual phone conversation today:

*ring*
Jon: Hey, Ian?
Ian: What, you need me to post again for you?
Jon: No, I need to list you as a ref-- what? It's YOUR turn to post.
Ian: No, it's your turn. I took one for you last week.
Jon: ....

So, once again, Ian keeps me in the contest. Honestly, I don't know how I managed to miscount something with two alternating possibilities (Post? No post), but I did. And here we are.

CNN reports, Canadian PM employs loophole in potential power grab.

I've read the article, and I'm really not sure where the loophole is. I don't suppose you can fault CNN for this one; it's not really expected that non-Canadians should be fully versed in the nuances of our political system. But if you're writing about something, and you call routine procedure a "loophole," shouldn't you at least explain to your readers what you mean? Unless "loophole" in this case just means "the way things routinely work."

By the way, have you listened to Ian and my mutual friend Rob's entry in the Canada's Hockey Anthem Challenge? I urge all of our readers (all 2 of them) to sign up for the site, log in, and post a comment for him. It would really help out.

Have a good week, folks!

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Hey Jon,

I totally read your blog. I loved the CNN article, but i found it embarrassing that they mentioned the Queen. Also, Dion sounds like a sports coach the way they say that he'll be removed if he doesn't win this season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home