Thursday, September 18, 2008

Victory - Ian

So, I'm victorious, but I'm going to keep writing. This has been a fun experiment in realising I'm better than Jon at pretty much everything except Jitsu and English.

I don't really have much to talk about these days. Jon covered the election to a tee. I don't know why I'm going to vote on October 14, but I am. Problem is, see, I live in Conservative MP Jim Prentice's riding. I don't think he's actually a bad MP, but I just cannot vote Conservative. That being said, I don't know who the Liberal dude is in my riding, Calgary Centre-North, or the Green. I only know the NDP guy, and he has 3 signs up in the whole riding if my count is correct. Beating the Liberals at this point, but I just don't see him knocking off Jimbo.

At least I'm not in Calgary West, home of Conservative MP (I guess his party affiliation goes without saying) Rob Anders. He is the worst MP ever. If you want to learn more about him, please go to www.voteoutanders.com and see for yourself. I don't think people actually know anything about him either than he's a Conservative and that is apparently good enough for the good people of Calgary West. Shame, really.

I'm going to be going away for a few weeks to a place with a slightly different geographical and political climate. My employer is sending me away for three weeks training in lovely Surrey, BC, where I am sure to be stabbed by an NDP supporting gangster within minutes of my arrival. I will be updating as I go, because I'll probably be sitting lonely every night in my hotel room pining for home. Like a pine tree of some sort. A Scotch Pine.

It was a long day today and I've got another one scheduled for tomorry as I prepare to go away, so I will leave you with this thought: The new Toyota Corolla is like a Las Vegas hooker: It looks tight on the outside but is surprisingly roomy on the inside.

I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home